To work as an extension of the BBC SCD team to ensure all available content was optimised for online including social media.
• Optimised all available content and distributed it to the relevant environments including mainstream sites, blogs and social networks
• Ensured excitement was built and maintained for the duration of the show
• Organised exclusive backstage visits and filming opportunities with the celebrities and dancers for key journalists and bloggers
• Organised round-table interviews with the talent for key influencers
• Set up and managed SCD Facebook page, responding to queries and providing social TV activity during the live shows
An amazing 407 pieces of coverage achieved a media value of over £8m and OTS of nearly 661m on mainstream websites and blogs, successfully increasing online conversation and awareness.
Positive engagement on social networks with over 23,000 fans on Facebook and up to 315 comments per post.
• 49,974 page views
• 3,708 video plays
• 6,442 photo views
• 14,072 interactions
• 7,041 likes
• 5,560 comments
• 1,458 click throughs to promote Strictly Social application
• We had a few difficulties with the format of content and the BBC’s restrictions around how they were able to supply it. Some content was not easily embedded in blogs and so limited our ability to secure coverage.
• Access to talent was often given at very late notice so we were unable to maximise opportunities. Last minute cancellations were also frustrating and limited future opportunities.
• There was unfortunately no access to eliminated talent
• More exclusive material would have also guaranteed more coverage – e.g. access to talent and rehearsals